Indications and usage
1. Diagnosis of Cancer
- Lung cancer
- Breast cancer
- Colon cancer
- Head and neck cancer
- Brain cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- malignant lymphoma
- Malignant melanoma
- Cancer of unknown primary
2. Diagnosis of Ischemic heart disease
Diagnosis of heart failure patients with decreased left ventricular function due to ischemic heart disease, who need to evaluate myocardial viability, but ordinary myocardial perfusion scintigraphy cannot be applicable,
3. Diagnosis of regional cereblral glucose metabolism for surgical excision of foci in intractable epilepsy
4. Visualization of inflammatory region in the diagnosis of large-vessel vasculitis
Administration dose should be reasonably minimized. It may be used only when diagnostic benefit would overcome the risk from radiation exposure.
Indications and usage
Visualization of amyloid beta plaques in the brain of patients with cognitive dysfunction due to suspected Alzheimer’s disease
- PET examination using Florbetaben(18F) (Neuraceq®） should be performed in appropriate patients, under “Practice Guideline for Amyloid PET Imaging of the Brain” co-published by JSNM, JSDR and JSN.
PET examination using Florbetaben(18F) may not be performed for diagnosis of presymptomatic Alzheimer’s disease in asymptomatic persons. (Usefulness has not been established for predicting the onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Although amyloid beta plaques are found in Alzheimer’s disease patients’ brains, a comprehensive judgement is needed to diagnose Alzheimer’s disease based on not only by amyloid PET but relevant test results and clinical symptoms.
This is because amyloid beta plaques in other cognitive disorder patients’ brains also..
About the image interpretation training
Physicians who interpret amyloid PET results should complete appropriate training program provided by the manufacturers of approved radiotracers.
For Florbetaben(18F) trainining program, CLICK HERE.
PET drug manufacturing site qualification and PET imaging facility qualification
PET drug manufacturing site qualification and PET imaging facility qualification provided by JSNM are required for clinical use of Neuraceq® Please refer to the following links in details.
Research using non-approved research drug
CMI Inc is actively working on future research in all components
- Tau protein